You might need home health care...
- If you were recently hospitalized for surgery or illness.
- Have you been diagnosed with a new illness?
- If you are unable to meet your own needs due to health, age or social problems.
- Has your medication recently changed?
- Has your medical condition recently changed?
- If you are stressed with taking care of a family member who can no longer care for themselves.
- Could you benefit from therapy services?
- Do you feel at risk for falls?
- If you are homebound and lonely, frightened or depressed.
If you answer yes to two or more of these questions, Alpha Plus Home Health Services could be the appropriate service for you!
It is a Considerable and Taxing Effort to leave home (homebound)
The patient may be homebound but still leave home for occasional non-medical, leisurely reasons (i.e. trips to the beauty shop, religious activities, etc.). Home bound status is the most misunderstood aspect of the criteria so we have listed other examples that would qualify below on a temporary and/or long term basis:
- The patient is normally unable to leave home without assistance.
- It is unsafe for the patient to leave home such as: post op patient at risk, for infection, patient with impaired immune system, patient with medical restriction due to disease (for example, COPD, DVT, diabetic neuropathy, etc.)
- There is a condition where a patient refuses to leave home or it would be unsafe for the patient to leave home due to dementia or memory deficit, psychiatric disorder, etc.
- The patient is in need of crutches, a walker, a wheelchair or help from another person.
The Patient would benefit from Skilled Care
The patient would benefit from skilled nursing care, physical therapy, speech-language therapy, or from continuing occupational therapy. There are many medical conditions which can be safely and successfully treated with properly administered home health care. Our Staff includes the following professionals:
The Patient is Under Physicians Care
Any Medical Doctor may initiate home health services. The physician will request services and work with the agency staff to develop and implement a plan of care. If you are in need of a local physician to order home health services, we can assist you.